Consultant – Corporate
Kevin Russ L.l.C. is a small, boutique, full-service, limited liability management strategy consulting firm that provides strategies and tools needed to build sustainable, high-performing organizations that drive organizational capacity building and help improve people’s lives.
For 23 years, Kevin Russ L.L.C. as worked at the intersection of nonprofits and communities, building leaders and strengthening organizations to plan smartly, operate effectively, and produce results. Today, Kevin Russ L.L.C. is proud to be the go-to partner for more than 58 organizations – large and small – working to create opportunity and catalyze change.
We are always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the financial acumen and the passion to work with some of the biggest companies in the world, join in!
Candidates can look forward to some of the following responsibilities:
- Client Services
- Lead consulting engagements, specifically in strategic planning, as well as in other Kevin Russ L.L.C. practice areas including board development, talent management, innovation, risk management, and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Lead leadership development programs using peer-based learning, team facilitation, and coaching
- Build and maintain collaborative senior client relationships as the foundation for impactful client engagements
- Prepare and present bids and proposals to potential clients
- Lead and contribute to client projects amounting to a specific revenue target each year, to be determined with CRE leadership
- Contributions to the sector
- Share insights and expertise by writing for knowledge-sharing outlets and social sector publications, and presenting at sector-wide events
- Develop partnerships to co-sponsor events, trainings and convenings
- Contributions to Kevin Russ L.L.C.
- Support colleagues and internal efforts that drive Kevin Russ L.L.C.’s growth and development
- Contribute to business development and, where appropriate, fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with marketing staff to promote Kevin Russ L.L.C.’s offerings and special events
- Contribute to Kevin Russ L.L.C.’s knowledge management initiatives by writing case studies and serving as a resource to other colleagues and teams
- Participate actively in business management meetings, staff meetings, and professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in Kevin Russ L.L.C.’s practice areas
- Understanding of and experience with strategic planning
- Understanding and appreciation of change management principles and processes
- Experience in organizational development and capacity building
- A minimum of three years of consulting experience or in executive leadership at a firm of comparable positioning.
- Demonstrated experience in research and design methodologies and techniques such as but not limited to survey design, program design, program development, prototyping, scaling or innovation, research to practice, and financial modeling
- Familiarity with organizational assessment and diagnostics, quantitative and qualitative review methods, finance, operations, compliance, and governance
- Understanding of adult learning
- A demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector
- Strong knowledge of the sector, particularly business processes
- Understanding of the philanthropic and investment world is a plus
- Cultural sensitivity
- Knowledge of and point of view on societal and racial inequities that frame the challenges Kevin Russ L.L.C.’s clients tackle
- Self-awareness of social identities and how to manage dynamics of difference and power in inter-personal relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in a second language (in addition to English) preferred
- Strong client service orientation and an approach to clients as partners
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to synthesize data to recognize trends
- Ability to identify and design appropriate consulting strategies/interventions for clients
- Outstanding project management skills; organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple complex projects at one time
- Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
- A strong problem solver and creative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and present ideas effectively with presence
- A team player; collaborative, collegial, and supportive with a sense of humor
- Proactive and a can-do attitude
- Empathetic; able to meet clients, partners, and staff where they’re at
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.